Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 31 March 2015

The Revolution is here.


It’s a few hours to knowing who is our new president. In fact, when you read this, we might know who he is. I am a little excited (Just kidding).  I am very very very excited.
To me, this is not about who wins or loses (It iiiisssssssss)
This is a revolution, what do I mean, THIS IS AN awakening.
This is a proof, Nigeria has woken up.

Gone are the days of “it is not my business; let them do their own thing”.
Compare last election to this; (sky rocket).
People went out to vote (they did not end there) they waited at their wards till votes were counted.

To me, this is not about who wins or loses, No.
This is about us sitting up and standing for our rights.
Understanding the real power of the masses.
Reviewing a past government and knowing the way forward.





I am Nigeria.
I have woken up from not caring.
I have decided to speak up for myself.
I say goodbye to the shackles you had used to bound me, saying what can they do, they have no choice.
No sire. I am awake.
I see things, I know things, I make choices.
I put up and take down Government based on how they perform.
I am not blinded by bags of rice and little change anymore.
I see the greater good, I know the greater good, I go after the greater good.
I cast my vote and watch what happens to it.
I do not sit and cringe and be a cry baby.
I speak up with the tools available to me- Social media.
I do not kill for you or ask for peanuts.
I ask, what you will do for me and my kids.
I am Nigeria and my Revolution is now.

Whoever wins, this is a lesson, Nigerians are now wide awake and they watch and they know and they are active.
The Government for the next 4 years should know to deliver because no one will fold their hands and watch.

The revolution is here, we are lucky it did not take guns and knives and World War Nigeria to deliver.
We are lucky that all it took was the power of the thumb.
Goodbye to the walls that stood against us.
We are here now and that is all that matters.
The Revolution has come.


Happy Independence day Nigeria.

No comments:

Post a Comment