Powered By Blogger

Thursday 26 March 2015

Me of my words


I have failed you and I am sorry. Very sorry.

 On the day of  Empty bucket list I promised to put up 2 post a week, and for 2 weeks, I have not delivered even one.  I have good reasons (excuses really), like - work has been over whelming, my phone got bad, I was bla bla, but these are honestly just all excuses.
My word should be my bond, at all cost- staying up all night to get an article, typing on my phone during transit, (calling in sick at work to deliver; just kidding)

Brings me to –Me of my words.






I was phoneless for a couple of days and instead of being sad and depressed, I was actually comfortable and happy (strange but really true). I made plans on one of these days to meet up with my friend somewhere in town. Since I had no phone and this arrangement was made over a borrowed phone, we agreed to meet there by 6:00pm.
 She was worried something would come up and the timing would be affected by an hour or more. I re-assured here and I made sure I was there by 6:00pm and so was she. (Cheers to us, our word was our bond).
Sadly in this generation, we (I inclusive) find it difficult to say something and keep to it, starting from timing and trickling down, thou we always have the perfect excuses (maybe not excuses because they are real) but there is always a reason sha.
It made me wonder how our parents and generations past cope. Since they did not have means of constant communication.

They would agree to meet a month before and both parties would show up, no excuses, no need to call and remind even though they had no reminders and yet they made it work.
How did they meet and make plans when they could not check up and be sure.

Our words in this Generation are very shaky. How many times do we make promises and keep to them. I am guilty, very guilty even though I always have good reason and I try to communicate that.

Almost every single girl has in her wish list (a topic we should handle soon) a guy who is a man of his words. I think in past times, it was a given, men were as good as their words..
What happened to us? How did lying become so excusable with the words wash, -all na wash?
When guys do it, it is a lot worse. They promise a girl a million and one things and fulfill none (not even the-I will call you back soon)
This is how I see it, If no one put a gun to your head, why promise at first. If you promise and things do not go the way you plan, can you communicate it. A little sorry, I got caught up, sorry I cannot get you the things we agreed on.

How many people can vouch for their husbands, boyfriends or fiancés and say “oo no, he could not have said that, or he said he would so I know he will’.

                                                        


What weight does your word carry? Can anybody bank on it? Does your word precede you or is it a mock. WE NEED TO TAKE “WORD IS BOND” BEYOND A PHRASE AND LIVE IT. (I also need to ask me these).
Maybe it is time to correct it, adjust it, upgrade it and make it all count. I plan to.
Remember to share your opinion…

Thanks

2 comments:

  1. Most times, it is better not to promise than u promising and not fulfilling it.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally am learning not to make promises at all again ever, we can't even trust ourselves sumtimes so why trust another human being?? Best I can do is make commitments and I will always do with BGG.

    ReplyDelete