Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 10 February 2015

Last Minute Valentine




So the Federal Government decided to cramp my style by cancelling election, now my Valection is gone. Here I was awaiting stories.
While I wonder why they ruined what would have been a once in a lifetime experience, I forgive them. Life is too short to be angry at anybody let alone someone who will not notice my anger or be sad I am angry and try to make it up to me. No please, my anger is too precious.

Back to Valentine. :) 



The first thing I remember about valentine happened when I was 8  yrs old. My mom asked my dad, wont you give me a flower and his reply was only flower? There is a flower pot in front of the house, I will bring it inside for you and they laughed .That evening, we ate out and we all got gifts, (the main reason I remember). I dont know what my mom got, because her gift was not opened to the eager eyes of my brother and I.
Next up secondary school, with notes, teddy bears and an evening full of screams from all over the hostels.

University was different strokes for different folks. Those in "inter- state" relationships who imported their Bae(s), those in same state relationships who exported their Bae(s) to wherever it was happening, those who had gifts or dinners and those who just wanted a quiet evening.

I have never gone through my mind to define the meaning of valentine to me. Sometimes I hate it (as most single ladies do), sometimes I love it (as most girls in relationships do)

P.S- My love and hate has never been based on my relationship status. No sire, I hate it because of how it makes single people feel and I love it because it makes people happy.


Valentine-Love/Hate thing

Whatever the case, there is always love to celebrate, Gods love, parents love, partners love or most importantly self love. I think what really matters is getting the person you love to feel special- husband/wife, boyfriend/ girlfriend, mother/father, sister/brother, dog/cat, SELF/teddy bear. Whatever it is, make it happy and aware that it is appreciated. 
If you will be doing it for routine, skip it, except if Bae will give you hell, then by all means.

As the day quickly approaches (to our surprise. Thank you GEJ) , I thought to just say that it really is not about buying gifts to fulfill all righteousness, it really is about doing something for Bae(Before anyone/anything else), Boo(Boo... sorry I dont know but Ill find out), SO (Special One) to celebrate your love.

Whatever you do, ensure it matters to them. Check on their zodiac signs and temperaments to find their interests and desires that you might have missed (yes, love is hard work, if someone gives you their heart, it is no joke). If you have no money, find something "moneyless".  


It might just be a massage or a day to watch some old school movie in a dark room while eating all day long, or an opportunity to sleep all day long, or eat a whole cake alone (yes some people have such strange desires).


Remember, "the best things are not the most expensive, but those that come from the heart"-Quote by Me (hope no one has ever said it, it seems regular though).

What is your best/worst valentine or what is your dream one?  Remember to share something, anything.

Ciao.



There is a box below for E-mail. Please, type your E-mail so you can get an E-mail notification whenever there is a new post. Gracias

4 comments:

  1. While the subject so far hasn't been one I personally fancy, your style has earned my attention for three consecutive pieces. I guess that's the most I've gone with any blog, while looking forward to more. Me like!:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oluwatobi, thank you so much. I am glad you find it interesting. I hope you continue to come back. The season has affected wht the post has been, there will be different areas as time goes on. Remember to register for the email notifications. Thank you.

      Delete
    2. Oluwatobi, thank you so much. I am glad you find it interesting. I hope you continue to come back. The season has affected wht the post has been, there will be different areas as time goes on. Remember to register for the email notifications. Thank you.

      Delete
  2. While the subject so far hasn't been one I personally fancy, your style has earned my attention for three consecutive pieces. I guess that's the most I've gone with any blog, while looking forward to more. Me like!:-)

    ReplyDelete