Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 3 March 2015

The Empty Bucket List


Over the last two weeks, I learnt two things. 

Lesson one- Never be quick to judge.

In the past, when I fell in love with a blog, I would wonder why bloggers are lazy and would not put up posts regularly. I am only a month in and I am a master slacker. I am truly sorry.

Lesson two - Never say never.

To make me disciplined, I have a new rule set as markers. So from now on, I pledge (pray, wish, hope and urge myself) to post something every Tuesday, Friday and one other day a week. So help me God.



That brings me to what I really want to talk about-" A fun-life plan"

A bucket list





A bucket list is a movie that starred Morgan Freeman, but it goes beyond that.

A bucket list is a fun plan about what you want from life and for yourself. (Before the workaholics go all official on me), it is a little different from career goals and strategies. It is a list of experiences you want from life.  It is OK for them to be silly or stupid to someone else or it may even be somebodys normal life, it does not matter. What matters is you want it.


A bucket list means keeping track of things you really, really want to accomplish for personal joy.
Most items in a bucket list might not necessarily give you more money or make you important. They are those things that will make you happy (and I think that is good enough), give you something to look forward to and make you say I lived life.

You could have a bucket list for every area of your life -Spiritual, Travel, Educational, Romance, Fitness. Or you could be like me and stick to one.

I have a bucket list, several in fact. I have a "life bucket list" and I have a "yearly bucket list". I am thinking of starting a monthly one (if you think that is too much, save the thought, it is MY bucket list).       

  Life is too short to not be happy, to not smile or think about money always.

No one should have an empty bucket list. No one should go through life day by day, never travelling, never being silly, never laughing at ourselves and die full of life. (I am sorry if I sound depressed, I feel sad already) .  Let us spice it up.



A bucket list is part of the reason money cannot buy happiness. So I am sharing a few of the millions of things in my bucket list.

I am giving an overview of my "life bucket list":
Own a power bike and take my 5yr old kid for a ride (hope this does not sound irresponsible)
Drop my kids at my moms gate, horn and run away before she makes me take them back home with me(yes, this is silly- that is why it is MY bucket list)
Own a parrot
Go on a boat cruise for 3 days
Go on a desert expedition and be on the pirates crew
Be a bus conductor (this is strange, but I want to live "their" life for a day)
Sky dive
Surf
Be on a live talk show
Donate blood at least once every year (on it)
Climb a mountain
Lets end it here, because a little more will make you never read this blog again as you will be sure I am crazy.

I know what you think; you cannot do most of these things without money. A bucket list is not a wish list, you have to plan. If I start a saving plan I can get one of these things at the end of the year, thats why a yearly bucket list helps.

the last one cracked me up- this is a real bucket list- fulfills happiness

Start a bucket list. Look for your interest and plan, but by any means necessary, Live life.

7 comments:

  1. Really?? Bus conductor.you are really crazy. Haven't written my bucket list yet,it's scattered in my head,but will do that soon.really lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loncee, writing q plan helps put things in perspective with timeliness that might end up being sooner thank you think. thanks for stopping by,glad you like the post

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. I think bin a conductor is kinda crazy...very funny dou,rili dnt av mine planned out Yet, buh one thing I know for sure is dt Before I die,wanna go 2d bahamas "ALONE"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lool. I am glad you have one thing you really want. Setting a timeline will definitely help and remember to fill up that bucket.

      Delete
  3. Hahhaahhahah snitch dropping ur kids @ grandma's house so u still v dat dream, base jumping and we both know you stole that from me, Going to Kingston Jamaica Marley's grave, Ethiopia H.I.M Haile Selassie grave the list goes on....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snitch, thanks for stopping by. Drop off the kids and run, i have to do that, cannot let it pass. why does your bucket list involve a lot of grave visiting then again, It is Your bucket list. By any means, live a happy life.

    ReplyDelete