Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 14 April 2015

Kidnapped


Have you ever been kidnapped?
Well I have.

Not the “we have your daughter and we are not returning her till you pay an outrageous sum of money” Kidnap.
 In all honesty any kidnapper that will try that will be wasting a good kidnapping avenue, because my parents have nothing but prayers to offer (Prayers is always good enough, but that’s not what the Kidnappers want, especially since the prayers will definitely not wish them well)
I am sorry, I always divert (You should be used to it though)





I was kidnapped by my friend, a guy who liked me in school.
His friend was out of town and he needed to get something from my neighbor, exams had ended and everyone was planning to head home.
The friend, let’s call him  Ash ( Why? err, because I can and the name ain’t bad) and the one that liked me –Kid (shortened from kidnapper). Try to remember the characters.

Ash asked me if I could help get something from my neighbor who was leaving and drop it off at his house with Kid since I would be passing by. I agreed, after all, it was an in and out (If only I knew).
When I got to the house Kid had visitors that were just leaving.Immediately they stepped out, he locked the door. I wanted to go out and he said No (I thought this was a joke, till he walked away with the key.

His reason- he wanted me to be with him, he promised not to touch me, and he did not (thank God, even though I prayed so hard and I am sure my mom was too). He said he just wanted me to spend time with him as that is what he had always wanted from me – time.

To cut four hours short-  I struggled for the key, formed vex, sat closed up in a corner and hid away my tears for 4 hours( he could not see my cry and then feel victorious).

During this time, he kept asking me if I wanted to eat, if I was comfortable, if I was angry (who would not be), if I wanted to kill him (why not) and how he was really sorry and I should forgive him.
He even offered me food and opened the window so I could scream to the neighbours (If that would make me feel better, though he knew no one would send).
I do not know how to feel, glad he was not touching me or sad that I was with a psychopath (who else would kidnap a girl, be begging for forgiveness and expect a smile ooo  and also not touch her(thank God thou), except in Novels, which I blamed myself for reading)
Ash came back from his journey by 10:00pm (he was my price charming in shining armor as I had no idea he was going to back that day)  and set me free, he was really sorry and mad at his friend.
He called all week long to say how sorry he was. Nice guy.
Note that Kid did not touch or harass me, but he locked me up, for hours 4, I mean FOUR GODDAMN HOURS.( Just in case you want to for detective and see how dumb I was, he took my phone from me and yes, even if I was a dumb girl, my adrenaline made me smart and still- Nothing worked)
He was not a stranger to me either, but I felt humiliated.

Considering I already have a terrible sleeping habit. I did not get any sleep that nigh (though I was back to the comfort of my home). I thought of all the things that could have gone wrong.

That is why I cannot imagine Chibok girls, what they might be going through, if they are alive?, how they have wept and what life would have been for them over the last year.

Their mates have gotten into universities, and they are what? Wives of heartless demons?
Are they even alive?
Do they have any hope?
Do they still believe in God?
Should any teenager go through this?
I have had a 4 hours kidnap experience and I still hate the thought of it (though it is a funny story now). Talk more of a year.
What do you think or have to say?

There is no good way to think of kidnap, it is bad in everyway. Imagine waiting for someone, the anger, the agitation, then imagine it against your will. That still has nothing on kidnap.
Nothing in this world does.

The part 3 of Easter had to do with Fast and Furious and how we remembered that Paul Walker had gone, but this morning was day 365 of Chibok girls. I am sorry, but I chose that over.

Paul Walker I will miss but considering there is a plan from how 7 ended for a part 8, the world has moved on (deep breath), It always does.

1 comment:

  1. Now why did i not ever think of Kid's idea. Why? Why?? Why???

    ReplyDelete